Why should I join the Washington Career Development Association (WCDA)?
WCDA’s mission is to “cultivate career knowledge and encourage innovation through community and professional education. To achieve this, WCDA fosters a partnership amongst Washington career development practitioners, counselors, and advisors by providing training opportunities, encouraging collaboration and a sense of community, promoting public understanding, inspiring innovation and research, and raising awareness.”
We believe what we offer can benefit anyone in the career development field. We desire to be inclusive, affordable, and accessible to all with an interest in belonging to such an organization.
The following are just some of the benefits from being a member of the WCDA
- Accessible and affordable professional development opportunities
- Connect with diverse and informed professional community
- Get an inside source of information about related job opportunities
- Promote private practices, products, and services provided by members
- Collaboratively advocate for statewide issues in career development.
- Professional networking for sharing information about issues, opportunities, and announcements from other organizations that might be of interest to members
- A hub and resource for development and support of regional chapters throughout Washington
- A national presence and connections as a state division of NCDA
We hope you agree that this is a lot of value for the required investment and look forward to your name on our membership list.